09 August, 2010

Trying to go to Spiti

Towards Jogindernagar

For the last one and a half months, Elise and I have been trying to access Spiti. The rain this year has been crazy! Lahaul, Spiti and Ladakh have been devastated by it. Dharamsala, where we live is very wet too, but we can still handle it.
The first attempt saw us stranded in Manali for 5 days and this time, Aug 5th, saw us all ready for our trip and the cloudburst in Ladakh happened. Not so devastating is the state of the Gramphoo to Kunzum La road. the weather is fickle and the roads a death trap.


But, I got a few hundred kilometers of riding :). The roads are very good connecting Mandi to Kullu, but post Kullu it is horrible for bikes.


One of my fav stretches of road goes from Jogindernagar to Mandi. Quiet, picturesque and the weather was too good.
Mandi

River after Pandoh


Dhaba Break!!!



My Hero Honda Karizma




The Roerich Museum, Naggar

The Roerich Gallery is a beautiful Museum and a sight for sore eyes. Every time I visit it, I get fired up to rival these amazing explorers of all time.
Roerich Museum front lawn




Waterfalls on the Manali Highway




So far, every time I visit Manali I meet someone really amazing. This time I was introduced to Sey Rimpoche, the incarnation of Ladakhi Tripon Pema Choegyal, direct heart student of Togden Shakya Shri .I was nervous meeting a leader of such standing face to face, but was put at ease when I met him. I hope we can work in harmony towards common goals in this land of the Gods.

1 comment:

India tour packages said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.