11 January, 2015

Joy of the outdoors

.
Barot, Mandi
Another awesome season is nearing its end and I keep wondering if there will come a time when I am not amazed by things I see. Every time I finish a trek, I think I have been to the most beautiful place, yet. The joy of outdoors is immeasurable. Humans are meant to leave home and wander to appreciate what they have. The apprehension of leaving home and the excitement of coming back after days out in the mountains are the two main reasons that make it an intimate experience.
Flags at Dharamkot
Baby Goat, Kharibahi


Sunset at Kareri Lake

The more you travel the more you realise how beautiful things are around your home! The small flowers growing randomly on the hillside, the little colorful lichen on your gate, the sunrises and sunsets from your window, the sound of voices and birds and insects... I could go on.




No comments: