31 August, 2011

Black and Yellow

As the rains finally wind down in our part of the world, I find myself spending some quality time at home. Playing music, hanging out with friends, shopping on the internet and having morning conversations with my new friend, Eddie, a black and yellow corn spider.

Eddie has taken up residence just above my sink and has usually made a large web all night which I invariably stick my head into every morning while cleaning my teeth. First few days he tried to attack me, but he now knows better. I am a recent fan of spiders, as we have quite a few varieties living in our house.



They are brave (Eddie takes me on every day without fail), can take on prey 4 times their size, make the most beautiful webs, the web itself is a miracle material, they kind of look cool, their toxins are used for curing diseases and they take care of insects. Eddie dumps his leftovers in my sink though I am sure with a little training he can be house broken.
Cheers


No comments: