26 October, 2011

Panastar RSCX 7500, 2-in-1 grooming kit, a review


Yes, I am now officially an expert on reviewing electronics. I have taken it upon myself to pick out the worst (or best) Made in China electronics and review them. Being a not-so-tidy man, I was hard pressed to be a little ‘put together’ leading to run to the local electronics store and buy the Panastar RSCX 7500, 2-in-1 grooming kit.
The Panastar RSCX 7500, 2-in-1 grooming kit is available only at this one store in Dharamsala. The box contains an electric shaver and little gizmo for nose/ear hair and a lot of plastic that doesn’t contain anything. It also has a small sheet of printed stuff talking about nothing in particular. When I saw this equipment sitting amongst other similar, misspelt names (Soni, Pansonic, etc) I just saw a vision of myself as a metro sexual male, always looking good, clean shaven and somehow in a suit. Cutting a long story short, I bought the damn thing because it was the cheapest.
Coming home I ripped off all the plastic, plugged the shaver in and went to work. A very interesting thing happened. The four whirling shavers got stuck in my stubble and just clung on to my chin. So here I am, standing in front of a mirror, with a buzzing shaver stuck to my chin. Luckily for me the makers of the Panastar RSCX 7500, 2-in-1 grooming kit, used the worst materials they could find and it just stopped and fell off. To be fair to the product, the little buzzing gizmo works just fine (if you tap it hard on the side of the sink) and the shaver does work under certain circumstances.
So, being very objective I shall give my expert opinion regarding this piece of equipment. Well, the Panastar RSCX 7500, 2-in-1 grooming kit can be a painful way to start your day, but hey, no pain no gain, right? It will not, I repeat, it will not shave ALL the hair off your face. It chooses to randomize its approach to which hair stay on and which go off. So you are left with a patchy set of hair that you can get with a razor yourself. I must say, the patches I got done were very smooth. The noise is just a little over that of an electric saw. My wife thought I was blending something in the bathroom and was very suspicious for a day or so. I t does have a red LED light showing it is charging and a power button. It looks like any other shaver though and can fool anyone casually glancing at your personal kit (nosy neighbors, jealous relatives) into thinking you are Yuppie!
I hope this review helps all those thinking of buying the Panastar RSCX 7500, 2-in-1 grooming kit. Please DON”T buy it. Until my next encounter, Cheers!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see your humor intact, which is good by the way. I thought you had become all serious and old (a patchy beard can be misleading!)almost like a monk! ;D
---Thus, spake Veronica!

Cold Spaghetti said...

This is one of the best things I have read, ever.

Unknown said...

I like you post. Its too awesome. I would like to share something about above14000ft. It offers the best tour packages for trekking in the Himalayas with affordable rate. http://www.above14000ft.com/himalayan-treks/